Our speech-language therapist is licensed and is well-trained pathologist, creates plans, coordinates with other health care members and manages medically prescribed speech therapy treatment for patients suffering from diseases and related injuries that affect speech, oral, language and cognitive communicative function, pharyngeal sensorimotor function and to retain and restore to improve function, through therapies and duties.
- Aids the physician in identifying and recommending the proper speech and hearing services.
- Analyzes the patient’s speech and language abilities and develops and apply a plan of treatment.
- Gives rehabilitation services for language and speech problems.
- Documents and reports to the Physician of the patient about the patient’s progress in terms of treatment and any improvements in the patient’s condition and treatment care.
- Arrange clinical and progress notes for the patient’s clinical record.
|Job Level||Experienced Hire|
|Degree||Master’s Degree graduate in speech language pathology from a curriculum which is approved by a nationally recognized accrediting body and who has finished a supervised clinical fellowship year and passed a national exam|
|License Type||Current speech therapy licensure in Illinois.|
|Preferred||Experience in home health care setting|