Criteria of patients that can receive home health:
All people with Hospital Insurance and/or Medical Insurance who meet all of these conditions are covered:
- You should be under the care of a doctor, and you must be getting services under a plan of care created and reviewed by a doctor on a regular basis.
- You must need, and a physician certifies that you need at least one or more of these services:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care (aside from drawing blood)
- Physical therapy, speech-language pathology services, or continued occupational therapy services. These services are only covered when the services are specific, safe and an effective cure for your current condition. The time, amount and frequency period of the required services needs to be reasonable, and they need to be complex or only certified therapists can apply them safely. In order to be eligible, either: 1) your condition must be expected to develop or improve in a reasonably and a certain period of time 2) you need a qualified therapist to create a maintenance program for your condition which is effective, or 30 you need a skilful therapist to carefully and effective apply a maintenance therapy for your condition. The home health agency treatment and caring for you is approved by Medicare (Medicare certified)
- You must be homebound, and there must be a certificate on from a doctor that you’re homebound.
You can find the criteria for our services in this website: